Guidelines for Applications:
- Preference is given to candidates who are employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising. We also welcome applications from students and volunteers devoting time to fundraising on behalf of a non-profit.
- We encourage new applicants.
- Candidates may submit separate applications for as many programs as they wish to attend.
- Candidates and/or organizations and institutions which have received AFP scholarships within the previous 24 months must disclose those scholarships on their application.
- Recipients of Fundamentals scholarships may not reapply within that program year for other Fundamentals series.
- Previous recipients of scholarships (within past 24 months) may be considered for repeated awards based on discretion of Scholarship Committee and availability of funds; however, preference will be given to new applicants.
- Scholarship Committee members should disclose their relationships with applicants and, at the discretion of the Chair, committee members will excuse themselves from discussion/voting on candidates where such a relationship exists.
- Final selection of recipients is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. Decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
- Candidate agrees to complete and return an Evaluation Form about his or her experience to the Scholarship Committee.