AFP St. Louis Regional Chapter 2013 Fellows Program
This outreach program of the AFP St. Louis Chapter invites those who want to excel in their professional fundraising skills to apply for a complimentary two-year AFP membership with additional scholarship opportunities. Two to four membership packages – approximate value is $2000 - are awarded each calendar year. Our chapter invites each Fellow to actively participate in all chapter activities and to join one of our many committees. The possibilities for networking are endless!
You may be new to our profession, new in your job, in need of financial assistance – or all of the above. Our chapter invites you to consider the Fellows Program to boost your career as you work to build capacity at your organization.
The Fellows Program is supported in part by St. Louis Chapter members' gifts to the AFP Foundation through the annual Every Member Campaign. We appreciate their generosity!
Benefits and Expectations of Participation
- Complimentary annual AFP International and St. Louis Regional Chapter membership for two years * (currently valued at $325 per year);
- A scholarship to one Fundraising Fundamentals Series per year of the Fellow’s choice (approximate value, $175 per year);
- Ten complimentary Chapter luncheon programs per year (approximate value, $300 per year);
- Opportunity for a mentor through the Chapter mentor program;
- Access to all webinars at no charge (approximately value, $100 per year).
*Second year membership is dependent upon rate of participation in Chapter functions and activities.
- Regular attendance is expected to luncheon programs, classes and AFP-sponsored programs within the two-year period;
- Participation on a committee of the Fellow’s choice.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Be responsible for fundraising in a St. Louis region 501 (c)(3) organization;
- Have the full support of their supervisor and their organization’s leadership to participate in this two-year educational program;
- Be available to attend the luncheon programs and seminars and events included in the Fellows program;
- Not be a current member of AFP or be a new member of 18 months or less
- Be open to paying for an active membership at the end of their term in the Fellows program.
***Please note that if you are selected as an AFP St. Louis Fellow, you or your organization will be required to pay a $50 non-refundable enrollment fee.
A selection committee of St. Louis chapter members will review applications and the candidates who are selected will be notified via email by December 14, 2012.
The next term for the Fellows Program begins January 1, 2013.
Please submit your online application with all attachments at the same time. Applications are due November 5, 2012!
The selection process includes asks each applicant to express his or her short and long-term professional goals and to explain how becoming a Fellow will benefit their professional development and commitment to the non-profit sector. In addition to details about both you and your organization, you will need to upload/attach the following in order to complete your application:
- A signed statement of support from your supervisor endorsing your participation.
- On the appropriate letterhead, a letter of reference from one of the following;
- A professional peer at another non-profit organization
- A professional peer at an organization that currently has a partnership with yours
- A board member from your organization
- A member of the AFP St. Louis Regional Chapter
The letter should describe the reference’s relationship to you and comments related to your qualities of leadership and the potential benefit of this program to your career and organization.